Fostering Lesson 13. Transference
Summary of skill
- Enhance awareness of transference and countertransference dynamics in fostering spiritual community
- Discussion: Being aware of and curious about transference and countertransference, and attending to the way they show up for us in our fostering spiritual community work and in our lives. This puts us in touch with energy that has been hidden or locked away from us, and helps us set appropriate boundaries for the exercise of our authentic power.
- Bring transference and countertransference issues to reflective practice
Resources for reflection & discussion
- Tao Te Ching #22, Stephen Mitchell trans.
- Core Lesson 002, Amy Skezas & Thomas Ayers, Integrative Spirituality: Cultivating Wholeness & Integrity, “Thomas’s Model: Transference ~ Personal & Transpersonal,” “Countertransference,” and “What to Do?” pp. 16 – 19
- Tzaddi Ethics Code